10-24 at 24/f4 for travel portraits??

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MCMCNYC New Member • Posts: 14
10-24 at 24/f4 for travel portraits??

Hi, fujisters!

Leaving in few days for Scotland, know there'll be lots of landscapes and castle interiors to be had in the Highlands.

I've got an X-E3, like to basically have it in my back or strapped to my bank at all times. I've got wide eyes, if you follow, and wanted a 14 to supplement my 23/2. Probably still will get that to keep in the bag long term.

BUT, just played with a 10-24 and think I'm in love, especially with the IS. Was taking stay shots at 1/4 SS in Manhattan, lovely blurred people with sharp buildings.

I know I could manage with the 14, but the other factor, besides going wider, is we have toddler twins, and they are my true favorite subject. I'm thinking with the 24 end of the barrel, I'll be able to suit both my needs without having to juggle lens and miss shots it risk damage.

So I'm wondering, as an enviro-portrait lens shooting around 24(35), how does the fat boy hold up? I know it's not quite as fast, so I won't get wit so much isolation, but I think I can live with that for the flexibility.

Anything else to consider? Is the new 16 maybe a happy medium? If I'm in a cathedral, will I probably just want to keep the 14 on anyway?

Happy shooting and debating!!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow