There will be a brief outage for database maintenance in approximately 2 hour(s) 22 minutes

Tokina Firin 20mm F2 MF FE FOR ASTRO AMD SURF PHOTOGRAPHY?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
theoverratedphotog
theoverratedphotog Contributing Member • Posts: 575
Re: Tokina Firin 20mm F2 MF FE FOR ASTRO AMD SURF PHOTOGRAPHY?

StumpyVision wrote:

I have been using Seafrogs housings for a number of years now. I have a modified flat port that can house lenses just over 10cm in length and it currently works with my Sony 28mm, zeiss 55 and samyang 85 1.5 af. Because I travel alot I try to keep to the one port. The Tokina Firin should fit in there but unfortunately the other Samyangs are to long unless I swap the flat acrylic back to the dome port which I cant be bothered doing everytime I use them.

I am liking the idea of a manual lense to use in heavy shories where you have limited to foucs, shooting fast moving marine life underwater and also for astro photography.

Btw followed you on insta @stumpyvision

Thanks. Just followed you. Your photos look amazing. I use the standard ports which is why I wasn't sure how you had size issues but if it's a modified port that makes more sense.

Have you checked this out? Seems to offer a number of alternatives although not sure whether the pricing is within budget. The Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 might work?

https://phillipreeve.net/blog/user-guide-ultra-wideangle-lenses-sony-alpha-7-series/

theoverratedphotog's gear list:theoverratedphotog's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow