Have i made a mistake.....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Cagey75
Cagey75 Senior Member • Posts: 1,172
Re: Have i made a mistake.....

Sometimes you have to stop paying attention to what others say.   For one, there's nothing 'magical' about the 35 1.4, it's just another lens, a decent one but there's nothing actually amazing let alone magical about it.   It is the kind of lens I would choose though if I could only have one, it's not near as slow as people make it either.  I used to take pics of my kids and pets running and jumping about when I owned it a few years back, no hassles, and that was on the XT1.

I also owned the 16-55, and it a great zoom, it's fast and quiet and all-round reliable until you hit really dim conditions.  Some don't fancy the weight, and on other camera besides the H1 you don't benefit from IBIS.  There is definitely an argument for a fast prime, or OIS lens instead.  But it is really down to personal preference in the end.

Me, I would rather have the 16 1.4 and 50F2 I own now over the zoom any day of the week.  I get IS with both of course using an X-H1.  But even on an XT1 I'd still choose these.

Cagey75's gear list:Cagey75's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow