Fast primes vs good zooms

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 1,904
every one thank you for the post and experience sharing.

I appreciate all the thoughts and advises.

It's difficult to imagine myself in front how a prime like a 15mm f/1.7 will fit in my normal use of gear. And spending 250-469 euro on a hunge and GAS attack isn't my budget approach.

My conclusion is this PL15mm f/1.7 can be a part of my kit and it will be bring me a extra which my trusty PL12-60mm f2.8-4.0 can't give.

- inside sports photo's if i can be close to the action.

- motion freeze inside buildings without using a flash to much and still have low-ish iso. (about 2 stops)

- lower iso's at  the end of the day or sunrise.

It's not a huge part in my cake of use but still it can grow on me.

(Still i am staying a zoom user by default so it will be a "specialty tool" to take/mount when it's necessary. )

When a good opportunity, read second hand prices 200-300 euro, comes by i will bite this time.  No hurry to buy but if i am see one i am try to get it for a reasonable pricetag.

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow