X-T2 lens mount screws (on the camera body) coming loose

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
torji New Member • Posts: 9
X-T2 lens mount screws (on the camera body) coming loose

I was wondering if anyone else had the problem of their lens mount screws coming loose on the actual silver mount on the camera body. I noticed all of a sudden that when my 100-400 was attached and I turned on my X-T2, the aperture wouldn't move from "f0," and then I noticed that the lens release button was getting sort of stuck, and when I tested another lens, I had the same problem. So I finally realized that the lens mount had a few screws that were loose, and the actual mount was not properly held in place (it had some give/wiggle if you pressed on it). I tightened the screws and that solved the problem, but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if this is a Fuji QC problem or just something that happened over 2+ years of having the camera and having the giant 100-400 lens attached to it most of the time when I use the camera. Is there some sort of glue/thread locker that they use on these screws when they manufacture the camera? I suppose I could always contact Fuji and ask, but I'd prefer to not have to pay to have my camera shipped out for something so simple if that needed to happen.

torji's gear list:torji's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow