Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
Austinian Veteran Member • Posts: 8,699
Re: about RAM memory

sygnus21 wrote:

Austinian wrote:

jouni123 wrote:

I am thinking to buy or uppdate my PC and wonder which way to go,, jouni

One way to help decide is to run Task Manager while you are processing your photos and see what resources (CPU, GPU, Memory, and possibly Disk) are being most heavily used. That's where I'd start when considering upgrades or a new PC.

I kind of disagree with task manager being the answer. And really, most users won't understand what Task Manager is telling them. To be honest, I get confused at times, and I've been at this quite some time. Anyway I mainly use it to tell me what programs are hogging resources as opposed to using it to tell me where my RAM deficiency is.

I'm not yet certain there is a RAM deficiency here; so, Task Manager.

Good idea, but to most users, especially novices, Task Manager is like Chinese math when you've no idea of the language

If someone wants to understand what's happening in their PC and improve it, some learning may be necessary.

Plenty of resources online; no need for me to repeat here what's explained in detail elsewhere by others who are probably better teachers than I am.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7 II Sony a7R III Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 28mm F2 Samyang 135mm F2.0 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow