Should I sell the a7r IV

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pixel boy Senior Member • Posts: 1,126
Should I sell the a7r IV

Got a dilema that I need some help with please.

I mainly shoot Landscapes (50%) Wildlife/BIF (30%) and the rest travel.

I recently purchased the Sony A7r IV and the 200-600 which is a nice combo for wildlife, however my problem is I only have about £800 left for lens budget.

I have a Samyang 24mm f2.8 but then there's a huge cap to 200mm!!

My total budget was £6000 max so here I am with a high res camera but leaving myself short on lens quality and a huge gap in focal range.

Before anyone says it yes I should have considered that before purchase, however I got carried away with new toys 🙄.

So my option would be to downgrade the body to say a7r III ( loads of almost new for £1800) or even a7 III and sell the 200-600 and  buy some better glass?

I guess either way Sony and high quality lenses are a very expensive options.

Its the telephoto lenses for Sony that are expensive, you can pick up a Nikon 200-500 f5.6 used for £800. So I guess if you shoot with Sony there's no cheap options.

I do like primes so I guess I could buy a 28mm f2 and 50mm f1. 8 or 35mm f2.8 but would these be good enough for the 61mp sensor

Pixel Boy

Sony a7 III Sony a7R Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow