Is there a need for F1.4 lenses....

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JimKasson
JimKasson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,774
Floobydust

lattesweden wrote:

Winder wrote:

Natural light photographers who's style only requires 1 pixel actually be in focus and a background that looks like pudding are probably the biggest market.

As a natural light model photographer I agree. I only want the eyelash in focus and the rest of the pudding I want to look like pudding (not sure that was clear. How can it be, pudding isn't really clear, but anyway a pudding in Swedish is the same as a beautiful girl).

Anyway, what we eyelash pudding shooters need is a new type of sensor that puts all the sharp pixels together in a cluster so that the sharp area will have a high pixel density but the out of focus areas gets fewer pixels.

So basically a sensor with moving pixels that like a fish swarm swims to the area of sharpness. This will also make the total Mpix of the sensor lower, since only the eyelash is sharp, meaning that Sony can rest with developing a non destructive compressed RAW-format another five years or so.

VarioPixel (TM) is the name of this technology and remember where you read about it first.

Here's another approach:

https://blog.kasson.com/the-last-word/secret-behind-gfx-sharpness-with-native-lenses/

Jim

-- hide signature --
 JimKasson's gear list:JimKasson's gear list
Nikon D5 Sony a7 III Nikon Z7 Fujifilm GFX 100 Sony a7R IV +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow