90D + Tamron 150-600 g2

Started Oct 11, 2019 | Discussions thread
OP thomste Forum Member • Posts: 80
Re: 90D + Tamron 150-600 g2

Hi all,

Trying to figure out whether I am making mistake or if the Tamron 150-600 g2 is not good at fast moving subjects, or if it is a 90D issue (unlikely i think).

I used AI Servo and ITR is turned off

for both examples I was using 9 points focusing and the camera/lens seems to have chosen to focus on something else than the actual moving subject.
I can may be understand the confusion on the first example as the background is busy (although it is not in focus either but anyway) but I can't understand why the blue sky would be prioritised against the bird that is across 2 points and more contrasty than the sky?

I had another example, which I can't find anymore (may have deleted the shot) where the bird was across 5 points but the focus was 'acquired' on the top 3 points which was blue sky

Am I making mistakes or is the Tamron 150-600 g2 rubbish at catching moving things?
Would I get better results with the Canon 100-400 ii and 1.4x TC? I understand the 100-400 has better AF but not sure how much the converter affects AF speed

Thank you

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
(unknown member)
v30
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow