C-stands or steel light stands for a Manfrotto D600 boom?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scrollop Contributing Member • Posts: 625
C-stands or steel light stands for a Manfrotto D600 boom?

Hello, I'd like to purchase some lighting equipment that will last a while, to use with a beauty dish/softboxes and a boom. I've decided on the Manfrotto D600 boom (as it has a larger load than the matthews mini boom), and need a decent stand.

It seems the typical c-stands have a load of 10kg (eg. Matthews Hollywood c-stand) so I thought if I'm gpoing to spend a decent a mount of money let's find something that can take more such as :

Manfrotto Heavy Duty Stand 126CSU- 25 kg load; 3.33 m height

or perhaps the

Matthews Digital Baby Stand 26kg load, 4m height

Then there's

PIXAPRO C-stand for around 30% less of the price; Looks similar to the Matthews (though build and life likely less) and still a 10kg load.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I assume that both the Manfrotto and Matthews are very heavy duty and will last years (if not decades), and likely not worth paying a bit less and getting the cheaper pixapro (?).

I've read that the two stands above are sturdier than Ctands, which makes me wonder why pros purchase them, when both type can be packed away and both can be found in steel and with wheels

Thanks

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow