B&H Photo Promo for A9ii - What a crock

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abe4652 Senior Member • Posts: 2,323
B&H Photo Promo for A9ii - What a crock

I'm the first to defend B&H from its detractors here and elsewhere over the years. Yes, it closes early, and when there are Jewish holidays, like for the next two days, completely.

But it is one of the two (some will sy one) reliable stores on the internet and in New York City. No small feat.

However, I call 'em as I see 'em. And this promotional video that B&H created to push the A9ii is poor. First, salphrumors promotes it as "First real world A9II vs A9 image comparison"

Sorry, but not one second in that 5 minute lovefest of a video does any comparing of image quality (I don't necessarily blame B&H for that misleading promo). Next, the first two minutes of the 5 are devoted to giving the outstanding specifications of the A9ii. Without ever mentioning that the A9, the generation before it, has those same specs. Right.

Then comes the discussion of what it does have that's new. Better weatherproofing. Some nice connectors. And oh, its Wi-fi is on the 5ghz band. Which the speaker promotes as a MAJOR advantage. Um, I don't think it's a major advantage.

Something tells me that Sony reached out to one of its major vendors to help push this thing.

Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow