Lens Adapter Stopped working - what to get?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Baron_Karza
Baron_Karza New Member • Posts: 14
Lens Adapter Stopped working - what to get?

Hi, I have an M50 and never had an issue with the native lenses.  I have the VELLO LAE-CM-CEF lens adapter so I can use Canon DSLR mount lenses.  I started having issues when using the adapter.

The Canon 50 1.4 worked w/the M50+Vello but then one day it wouldn't want to focus.  Kept getting the red focus box.  I removed the lens and then place it back on and it worked fine again for a few shots.  I had to remove it again, then it worked, and then again it worked and didn't,  but finally it stopped giving me issues after about 20 minutes of this.

I have a Sigma Art 18-35F1.8.  After having the issue with the 50m, a week later I was using my Sigma with no issues.  Then the next day I swapped to my kit and then back to the Sigma and then the M50 behaved as if no lens was even attached!  No matter how many times I removed and reattached the lens (from the M50 to adapter or adapter to lens) I could not get it to work.  When I got home, I tried my Canon 70-200F2.8 and no issues.  Then I swapped back the Sigma and it worked again!

I've only had this adapter just over a year so it's out of warranty.

Anyone else have this issue? It's about $50 and the Canon model is $200.  I originally purchased both at the same time and didn't notice a difference so returned the way more expensive one.

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow