Fast primes vs good zooms

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
OP spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 1,911
Re: Fast primes vs good zooms

yardcoyote wrote:

It is excatly about "enjoy". I don't like shooting with zooms except for telephoto, so i don't own the "good zooms" or indeed any zooms at all except a cheap variable aperture telephoto for the zoo and such.

i think you have a different kind of use of your m43kit. more pre thought of what and how.

This leaves my budget clear to buy primes, fast or not. (My MFT primes are all slow because I chose them for small size and light weight. )

The opposite of course may be equally true--you have the good zooms and like using them, you may not need any primes at all.

i have 1 good zoom like a PL, and two good stuff for the money.

That is what i am trying to determinate. is the 2 stops faster Aperture something i need/go to use.

Does it have more then just that. Like more slikysmooth bokeh at several different Apertures.

(i believe the PL12-60 has 9 blades and the pl15 7 blades and more blades does bokeh better nicer.)

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow