Catalina anyone?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
dmiller62 Contributing Member • Posts: 517
Re: Catalina anyone?

casperghst42 wrote:

As I just discovered; Spyder still does not have a 64bit app, so do not update if you use Spyder for color calibration.

Casper

Spyder5 5.5 OSX 64-bit software will be available on the Datacolor web site on Tuesday, October 15th. It's fully 64-bit, hardened and the installers are notarized. It also supports Retina displays etc, which was first introduced with the SpyderX and software (which has been 64-bit from the start) early in 2019.

Other Spyder product updates for Catalina:

SpyderCheckr 1.3 (64-bit for OSX, and also a corresponding Windows update) was released several weeks ago and is already available on the Datacolor web site. Everyone with older versions of SpyderCheckr should update to this.

SpyderX 5.5 Pro and Elite have been 64-bit for OSX since the original release. No need for any changes as far as Catalina goes, SpyderX works nicely.

SpyderPRINT 64-bit OSX is in progress and will be available later in 2019. It's unclear at this point if all printer drivers and support utilities from the printer manufacturers themselves are Catalina compatible at this point. I've read varying things in Epson printer support groups and on the web. From personal experience, I've installed the latest software for a Canon Pro 1000 on Catalina and used it for testing without any obvious difficulties, so at least "some", if not all, of the Canon drivers and software seems to be fine. I've installed the latest Epson P7000 driver on Catalina and that also appears to be fine but haven't had time to thoroughly test it yet....

Hope all of this is useful!

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

David Miller
Senior Software Developer, Digital Color Solutions
Datacolor

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow