Blink decision.. which one would you choose - 2kit going to 3kit ? a7Riv

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Guy Churchward
Guy Churchward Regular Member • Posts: 338
Blink decision.. which one would you choose - 2kit going to 3kit ? a7Riv

Just returning the Sony 24-105, not going into massive detail but didn’t feel a leap over the 16-34 I have so didn’t feel the purchase added an extra dimension for me (lens great just personal choice)

so I have a Zeiss f4 16-34 and a 100-400GM

I have 4 paths I am contemplating :-

1. Add the 200-600

2. Buy the 24-70GM and sell the 16-34 (or keep)

3. Add the 90mm Macro

4. Buy the 27-70 + 90m and sell the 16-34

‘’thought process’

1. I don’t want to compromise but also find the Zeiss pretty damn good but wonder how much shaper and better a GM woul be sitting on the body daily..

2. I like wildlife photography so extra length (1.4x pairing) is always good and a monster pap lens is entertaining

3. I like proper macro photography but when I had my Canon setup 150m Macro I found I rarely used it..so likely it will be a fad lens not a regular

4. Perhaps I should spend up on a daily lens and buy the GM, gor]t nervous first time round on people moaning at weight but perhaps that’s the choice I shoo have taken in the 1st place...

right now I have concluded the 24-105 isn’t the daily I want, and will keep the 16-34 for travel... 100-400 is planted on the lens for activity in the garden and will continue with these two and learn the combos but am interested in your immediate gut reaction on the choice you would take.

so 1-4 ?

Guy Churchward's gear list:Guy Churchward's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony a7R IV Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow