Pen F in High Resolution mode 50 and 80 Millions pixels

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bernard Pirenne Regular Member • Posts: 400
Pen F in High Resolution mode 50 and 80 Millions pixels

Hello all,

I have a Pen F and in high resolution mode it creates 50 millions pixels images in JPEG.

With the PenF  setting the image in raw and jpeg, if I set the HR,mode the raw just disappears and the camera does only Jpeg and it is limited to 50 millions pixels

The OMD EM1 MkII in HR creates 50 millions in jpeg and 80 millions in raw.

The strange part is that several reviewers on You Tube  who have tested the Pen F say that the Pen F does  create 50 millions pixels images in Jpeg and 80 millions pixels in raw... exactly as the EM1 MkII : So my question : Is there one or two types of Pen F / Is it possible that some cameras in some countries could very well produce 80 millions pixels images when other cameras are limited to jpeg and 50 millions pixels  ?

The reviewers that claim that the Pen F does 80 millions raw are DigiDirect and Mathieu Gasquet but there are other also.
So the question is : has Olympus created two different PEN F  for High resoilution mode  one limited to 50 millions in JPEG and another with both 50 millions in JIpeg and 80 millions in raw ?

If yo have nay clues please share.

Regards

Bernard

Bernard Pirenne's gear list:Bernard Pirenne's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +4 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow