Camera calibration or lens calibration? Did you get yours done?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CESA Forum Member • Posts: 97
Camera calibration or lens calibration? Did you get yours done?

Hi everyone.

I have got a 5D classic and I am looking into focus accuracy of camera and lens.

I would like to clarify something.

If you are experiencing any kind of focusing problems, either front-focusing or back-focusing, can this be caused by the camera or only the lens?

If someone says that has got clearly a back-focusing problem, for example, can that be because of the lens or camera? In this case, particularly the 5D classic.

I read that normally people send their lens and camera to calibrate but this poses another questions (besides the one that I did above):

1. Assuming the camera is calibrated, does this means that it will only work correctly with the lens that has been sent with? For example, you have a 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens and a 100mm f/2 macro lens. If you sent you 50mm with the body if they adjust the camera and or the body and lens to each other does it mean that the 100mm macro will not be suitable for that body anymore?

2. Assuming that it is only the lens that is calibrated, it means that the lens will be 'modified' and 'adjusted' to the specific body that has been sent without causing any problems to the other lenses?

Can someone explain how this works please?

BR

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow