Considering 1D4 to add to 6D

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
matteokeary Forum Member • Posts: 50
Considering 1D4 to add to 6D

I have been shooting the 6D for a few years now, and am considering adding a second body to my lineup. Back in the mid-90's, I began my photo journey with an AE-1P, followed by a used T90. I loved the T90 for its build quality and feature set, and I am curious if I would get the same feelings of satisfaction from getting a close-to-10-years-old top-of-the-line camera again. (One feature I still miss is the multi-spot meter that lets you select multiple points of scene, average the exposure, and display the points on the zone scale.)

I don't feel like I can justify $3000 or $5000+ for a new body (e.g. 1Dx II), but could likely afford ~$1000.  I've seen a low-use (<3000 clicks) 1D4 on ebay for under $900; would you consider this addition?  Or would you go in a different direction, given the technology advancement since its introduction?

Thanks for your insight and advice,

Matteo

matteokeary's gear list:matteokeary's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow