Fuji-v-Smartphone

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
paul simon king
paul simon king Regular Member • Posts: 174
Fuji-v-Smartphone

I am impressed by the new iPhones but am only going to either buy an iPhone 11 or a Fuji XE-3 with the new 16-80 f4 for 'street' shooting
I am looking for ease of shooting both in the sense of being able to get a shot fast (i.e. time from pocket to shutter press, including good framing, etc), and in the sense of discreetly (i.e. which makes you more obvious , if any)
Obviously one is much easer to carry, one will have better quality for enlargements, etc.
But I do wonder whether raising an iPhone to your eye makes people more, less or the same amount of self conscious , or whether it takes longer to compose using the iPhone (I always use the EVF/OVF on camera), or whether zooming is a slow inaccurate process on the iPhone, etc

So..price aside and for still photography only..........which should I get and and why?

From those that already have used smartphones to shoot and have actual experience to compare...our esteemed opinions please....
(yes I have read the reviews)

-- hide signature --

Minor White, Minor White, riding through the glen...(bis)

paul simon king's gear list:paul simon king's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 85mm F1.4L IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LH
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow