Share a Favorite Photo Made with the 18-55

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 6,700
Re: Share a Favorite Photo Made with the 18-55

Hi,

Here's one of my favorite 18-55 images. Shot very soon after I bought my XT1 with the lens. I used a tripod because the light was low and I needed a small aperture to get deep enough DOF to catch the axle detail and the window and ivy detail. I took quite a few images to catch the window between the spars of the moving waterwheel...... There was a little PP to adjust the contrast so that the ferns in the bottom left weren't too bright.

I like the detail in the stone and creeping plants, and the small sense of mystery about the two windows behind the wheel.

I sometimes buy into the prime vs zoom debate and wonder whether my 23mm prime lens would have delivered a better shot if I'd used it instead, but the zoom was the lens I had with me at the time.   I doubt it.  No-one who looks at the image ever says 'oh dear it was shot on a zoom'.  And sometimes I am tempted by the 16-55 but no-one says 'if only you'd had the 16-55' either.  So I keep the 18-55 - it's a very good lens as kit zooms go.

Cheers, Rod

Fuji XT1, 18-55.

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
jrk
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow