Tamron 100-400 AF

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ad12 Regular Member • Posts: 243
Tamron 100-400 AF

hello

had a day shooting birds. Tamron 100-400, Super sharp lens, very contrasts, great work on static. I’ve used it on BiF before and was ok. However today birds were flying directly towards me - not one shot was in focus. I thought it was my technique, but I switched to an Ef-s 55-250 cheap lens, and I got lots in focus with the exact same settings.

The 250 seemed much faster focusing. I’m sure my t7i isn’t the best, not customisable, but the difference between just lenses was quite stark.

i guess bigger lenses more pieces, slower to move them and slower focus? I also think the bigger size was more difficult to wield and control The zoom as the bird approached. Still, same technique and settings, one lens much better.

Would something like an 2.8 70-200L focus faster, or is that too quite bulky and slow, I’d hope the price would mean rapid focusing.  I love my tamron but I also feel the f2.8 could be useful to keep the ISO down.

Or perhaps I’ll just stick with the 55/250 which dodns great job.

Ad12's gear list:Ad12's gear list
Canon G7 X II Canon EOS Rebel T7i Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +4 more
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow