Whoa! Canon M6 Mk II can do ELECTRONIC SHUTTER BURSTS.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,420
Whoa! Canon M6 Mk II can do ELECTRONIC SHUTTER BURSTS.

Yes it’s true that the Canon M6 Mk II disables burst shooting when the electronic shutter is engaged (single frames only folks!). This is something I’d really like to see changed however.

I know it’s possible, because the camera automatically shoots electronic shutter bursts when it’s in Focus Bracketing mode. (This is a great feature for some applications, but obviously not for others). And it can do it in that cool Raw Burst mode, but this also has its limitations (short duration and cropped images for starters).

So how to trick the M6ii to shoot electronic shutter bursts for you? Go back to that Focus Bracketing   mode, and select however many shots you want in the burst (2 - 100). Then focus on your favorite subject, flip the back focus switch to  Manual, then trip the shutter! Voila, you’ve got your electronic shutter burst.

It’s manual focus of course, but I can still see it being put to all kinds of good use.

Happy snapping all!

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS M6 II
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
G-D
G-D
G-D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow