Which site is better for Sony warranty repair?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wtang Contributing Member • Posts: 559
Which site is better for Sony warranty repair?

My new A7ii has an issue where it loses the date and time settings every time I take out the battery for more than 2 or 3 seconds. Strangely it seems to retain all the other settings.  I bought the camera in July so it's still under Sony warranty.

I called Sony service and they gave me the option to ship my A7ii to Precision Camera in Connecticut or to drop it off at Photo Tech in Manhattan (I live in New York City).  I chose to ship it to Precision because Sony said they would pay for shipping.  Well, Precision "repaired" my camera and turned it around in record time.  They received it on 10/7 and they shipped it out on 10/8.  I received it back yesterday and the problem is *not* fixed.  It still has the exact same problem.  It's not the battery because I tested it with both the original battery that came with the camera, and I tested with a new Sony battery I bought from Adorama.

I plan on calling Sony service again on Monday.  What should I do?  Should I let Sony send it back to Precision in Connecticut so they can take a second crack at it?  Or should I walk in and drop it off at Photo Tech in Manhattan?

Does anyone here have any experiences, positive or negative, with either Precision or Photo Tech?  I'd really like to get my A7ii fixed properly on this second attempt.

Regards,
Warren
http://www.pbase.com/wtang

wtang's gear list:wtang's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 Kodak EasyShare Z990 Nikon D300 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow