Lost opportunities....

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JoeGuide Regular Member • Posts: 118
Lost opportunities....

Why does an ordinary consumer need a APSC or FF camera?  Why does Z50 make sense for families, and not just an iPhone?

Well, there have been many instances, where parents have come up to me wistfully to ask why they can't get a good picture from their phone or to ask me to take a picture of their children at a special event.

I hazard to guess 90% of photography is lifestyle: family, friend, event, newborn, and travel. It's the reason Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat exists.  These photos are done with standard lens between 24 and 70 mm FF equivalent.  With instant sharing capabilities, the phone with AI will now be forever the default platform.

But families also attend children sports activities, baptism, communion, bar mitzvah, graduation, award ceremonies.  Ever trying to capture those moments using a 28 mm equivalent phone in a dimly lit auditorium at 20-50 ft away.  Not a pretty picture.

There is a market for a simple to use (repeat simple to use) mirrorless camera for this group of people.  The problem is that they are intimidated by a "complex" tool.

But if you make camera with a kit 70-200 F4 lens, and market this as a family event camera, fool proof and an adjunct to their phone it will sell.  There are tens of millions of households with children in the US.  Make a convincing argument to the helicopter mothers that you should not miss your children's special moments.  Play on their guilt.  Will sell like pancakes, and keep those pesky parents off my back.

JoeGuide's gear list:JoeGuide's gear list
Nikon Z6 Sony a6400 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow