90D + Tamron 150-600 g2

Started Oct 11, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
thomste Forum Member • Posts: 80
90D + Tamron 150-600 g2

Played a bit more with my 90D in the last couple of weeks and overcame a few of the initial challenges I had with focusing and proper exposure.

I find that +1/3 or 2/3 is usually necessary when I tended to go -1/3 on the 80D. I still find BIF challenging but most probably due to my technique and the Tamron may be being a bit slow or off AF wise. I use 9 points AF and weirdly the lens (or camera?) sometime picked the sky slightly above the bird (in the same 9 points group) rather than the bird....im not sure how to deal with this other than using a single focus point but then it makes catching the bird almost impossible...

Also, how do you guys use the joystick and back button focus at the same time? I like the joystick but had to revert to make the shutter do the focusing too.

Anyway, here is an example of a good shot I got in the garden tonight. ISO5000 cleaned with Topaze Denoise AI (which is amazing) then edited in LR

Anybody else using the Tamron 150-600 g2 for BIF?

90D f8 1/2500 ISO5000 - Tamron 150-600 g2 @600mm - cropped about 30%

Canon EOS 80D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
v30
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow