Upgrade D500 to D850?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bobani New Member • Posts: 6
Upgrade D500 to D850?

hey guys! (And girls)

i have been starting to have thoughts about maybe upgrading my D500 to a D850.

im not sure i will be able to keep the 500 so i have som questions.

with a D850 in cropmode, do i get the same quality in picture, just ”precroped” i mean i still get the benefits of better lowlight capabilities?

with a D850 and lets say a f2.8 lens, if i use lets say a 2x TC with would make it a f5.6, is that a better solution than a straight f5.6? Like will it be a better quality picture since the D850 has better iso capabilites, all else equal?

for the D850 to get the 9fps i need a battery grip and the bigger battery yeah?

the reason im thinking about upgrading is that i do a bit of everything, sports, wildlife and travel/landscape photography and im comming to a place where i think a FX camera might be nice to have, but since im not sure ill be able to keep the d500, i dont want to loose to much of the capabilities when it comes to the sports and wildlife.

since i wont be able to buy new lenses, im a bit worried about loosing the ”reach” there of the questions about cropmode and TCs

as it is now i have

tamron 70-200 f2.8

tamron 150-600 G2

tamron 90 macro G2

and the loved Nikkor 17-55 DX lens (what would be the FX equivalent of this lens in terms of quality?)

thanks in advance for any help!

Nikon D5 Nikon D50 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow