90D with 100-400 MK2 Wildlife, mainly birds(Some BIFS).

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mitchell1988 New Member • Posts: 7
90D with 100-400 MK2 Wildlife, mainly birds(Some BIFS).

Hi all!

First time poster here, but I've been lurking around for several months now.

Intro (I'll try to keep it short.)

I got my first DSLR last march, a 2000D/Rebel T7 with a kit lens just to see if I liked it and mainly to photograph my kids in better quality than a smartphone.

I really liked it and I had a good deal on a 55-250 STM and 50MM plastic fantastic.

After I went for a walk in the park with the 55-250 I decided I wanted to do more wildlife, especially birds so I started doing research and I was for 2 months in doubt between 100-400 mk2 or the sigma 150-600, in the end I had a great deal on a barely used 100-400 mk2 with 1.4 extender mk3(1200 euros total), which didn't work on my rebel(which i knew already) but I was planning to get another body anyway but I still managed to get a couple of great shots with that lens on my rebel, although it felt like driving a ferrari in a 30 KM zone.

I borrowed a 7D2 from a co worker and absolutely loved it but I wasn't to keen on spending 1300 euros(Price at that moment) on 5 year old tech, when I was about to pull the trigger the rumors of the 90D actually came to life which made me wait longer and I don't regret it for a single moment.

I'm an amateur and have no ambition to do this professionally, I just like getting out sometimes from the hectic life(kids, work etc). But I also like to improve myself so I'd really appreciate your constructive criticism.

Below are some pics taken with the 90D and 100-400, some with extender.

Some cropped and edited to my own taste, I'm still learning Lightroom(hints, tips, tricks, suggestions and CC are welcome ofcourse on that as well)

On my gallery are also some pics I've taken with the 2000D/Rebel T7 with 100-400 and 7D2 with the 100-400.

Many thanks!

Mitchell1988's gear list:Mitchell1988's gear list
Canon EOS 90D Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Canon EOS 90D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow