Lenses for beginner up to 1000 dollars

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Cato1040
Cato1040 Senior Member • Posts: 3,304
Re: No!!!!!!!

golfhov wrote:

John Wick wrote:

Cato1040 wrote:

Mainly the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 I mentioned.

Right. I got this one you mentioned, but for Canon, which is way cheaper (I am going to use the MC-11 to adapt).

That lens is NOT the same as the sony version at all. Can you return it. Performance wise and quality it just is not in the same league. Hence the $300 price tag.

I have 700 dollars left. Do you have any other recommendations?

Return it and but the Sony version. Since you cannot return the adapter hold onto it. If you are bored and curious there are some REALLY cheap glass you can try like the yongnuo 50, old vivitar 17-35, etc BUT you are largely going to get what you pay for

Yea, I didn't recommend returning it again as you said the store so far, but it may be worth it to return the MC-11 and the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 (Canon version). It may cost more, but the Sony version is much better and would be a much better fit on your body (lighter and smaller). And this could be the only lens you'd need for now.

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow