New iPadOS makes iPad Pro a Sony image-processing beast for travel

Started Oct 7, 2019 | Discussions thread
LarryRC Contributing Member • Posts: 722
Re: New iPadOS makes iPad Pro a Sony image-processing beast for travel

W3PYF wrote:

SigZero wrote:

W3PYF wrote:

I am shooting an A7III.

Remember - there is iOS 13.1.2 for the iPad, released on 9/24, and iPadOS 13.1.2 released the same day. Are you SURE you have the iPadOS version?

You may be right - the issue may be Apple can’t read your ARW files.

And yes, Apple has enhanced the editing tools in the latest iOS - for both iPhone and iPad. The combination of the latest iOS and the iPhone 11 Pro Max is really wonderful. For the first time, I have a lot of confidence in using an iPhone as a serious camera.

The update from iOS 12.x to iPad OS 13.x on iPad is automatic and goes through exactly the same process as older updates.

Currently iPad OS 13.x cannot read A7RIV RAW files - the same with Mac OS Catlina. No support yet.

There is another limitation - current version of Lightroom Mobile for iPad cannot import files directly from attached storage or camera. Have to move them via iPad's storage.

Br, Pawel.

"There is another limitation - current version of Lightroom Mobile for iPad cannot import files directly from attached storage or camera. Have to move them via iPad's storage."

Not true at all with iPadOS. iPadOS loads them directly into Lightroom Mobile from an attached hard drive. All you do is click on the ARW (or JPG) file on your hard drive that you see in the Files app that you want to load into Lightroom Mobile, click the upward arrow-box at upper right of the screen, and select LR Mobile. It then offers you the choice "next time you open Lightroom" or "open Lightroom now."

I swear you guys have a different iPadOS than I do.

i have the same iOS as the OP.  There is only one iOS 13+ for the iPad and it is now called iPad os.

and yes I can also load directly into Lightroom mobile from an attached hard drive or from photos on the iPad.  I also love the new slide over and multitasking.  While multitasking isn’t new it is much better able to select which background app to slide it for example.  Enjoy

LarryRC's gear list:LarryRC's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 12-24mm F4 Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III Sony FE 600mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow