Your Nikon RAW NEF Work Flow ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Horoscope Fish
Horoscope Fish Contributing Member • Posts: 913
Re: Your Nikon RAW NEF Work Flow ?

chrisD46 wrote:

Just starting to get serious with Nikon getting the best RAW (NEF) for print and wanted to learn what others do as a post processing work flow after capture with Nikon DSLR's ? ... Thanks in advance !

Well that's a pretty broad question and the specifics of anyone's workflow will depend primarily on the software they use.

To answer your question, though, I'm an Adobe user so my basic workflow goes from Bridge, which I use to cull, tag and rate shots; to Camera Raw, which I use primarily for global adjustments such as lens profile corrections, white balance, lightness and color correction; to Photoshop for aesthetic adjustments, cropping, resizing and sharpening. From Photoshop I'll frequently use the Camera Raw as a filter option for the Adjustment Brush, maybe a preset or Radial Filter; it all depends on the particular shot.

And while I do have other plug-ins installed I rely most heavily on NIK Tools, DxO Film Pack 5 and SkinFiner.

Horoscope Fish's gear list:Horoscope Fish's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2 Sigma 135mm F1.8 Art Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow