anyone using the 28-70 f2 as a regular lens ?

Started Sep 23, 2019 | Discussions thread
Shonen84 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: anyone using the 28-70 f2 as a regular lens ?

I've been a happy user of the 24-70 F4 on my 6D, 6DM2 and EOS R. When they announced the RF 24-70 F2.8 IS, I patiently waited until it released. But looking at Canon samples and users samples here, I wasn't really blown away. Yes it was perfectly fine but it didn't look that much better than my F4. Was it contrast, sharpness, bokeh? I don't know. I didn't feel like paying €2500 for it. And then I clicked on the RF 28-70 F2 samples. And wow, these images did speak to me. I scraped together the extra cash and made the jump.

And boy oh boy, can I confirm what everyone says. I don't need IS because the speed keeps shutter speeds high to stop camera shake *and* action. But most of all, images come out perfect with pin-sharp focus and super pleasing overall aesthetic and bokeh. This lens was a proper upgrade from my trusty F4. It really is like having high quality 28, 35, 50 and 70 primes in one single lens. You get used to the weight, no worries.

I have zero regrets, chuffed to bits.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow