Constant light (Apurture 120/130) vs. classical strobes — which way to go?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zeitlos Junior Member • Posts: 25
Constant light (Apurture 120/130) vs. classical strobes — which way to go?

I would love to hear your take on it. What's good about it? What's bad? Would you recommend it? Or rather buy a different product?

Where are the limits? Which equipment do you use?
I'm about to buy a Godox AD200 Pro together with the Apurture Lightdoom II. However, I'm not sure whether a Apurture "Flash" (constant light) wouldn't be the better option since you get what you see. I‘ not sure whether the modeling light of the AD-B2 really works well as a substitute to judge the later outcome.

How is working with it different from working with a normal speedlight/flash?

Do you also use them when you travel (weight/size)?

Are there better products on the market? There's also Rotolight, but I think they are not as good if it comes to using Softboxes etc. Also, they are really price. But they can also be used as flashes to increase the light output (if this is an advantage).

Which Apurture would you recommend (if at all)?

Maybe I kind of limit myself when buying an Apurture 120ii for example. I suppose it cannot really be used in bright conditions, right? So shooting it outside might be hard?

What about the Apurture 300. Might it be the key to outdoor shootings? Or would I go with the Godox AD200/400/(600)?

I'm grateful for every possible answer!

P.S. I have asked the same question on FM. However, there was no one so far who could offer insight in shooting with constant light/Apurture products. Maybe I can find someone here?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow