A9II - Major FAIL

Started Oct 4, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
abe4652 Senior Member • Posts: 2,556
A9II - Major FAIL

Blast me all you want, but that's my opinion:

1) Improved Connectivity: Yeah, that's a really good reason to update by spending lots more thousands.

2) Same 24.2:  But wait, while it's not the 36 or even 41 mp many were hoping for (and NO ONE was thinking it would stay the same), we do have (...drum roll.. ) an "updated BIONZ X processor."  WOW!

3) Updated Front End LSI: This is really the stuff of legends.

4) 693 point phase detect and with 93% coverage: As B&H, with a writer who has a wonderfully developed sense of humor reports, "Much like its predecessor."

5) AF Tracking when shooting at f/16 when in Focus Priority mode: Now I know that none of you had dared hope that this could be achieved anytime before 2025.

6) "While the A9 still maxes out at an incredible 20 fps and still boasts no blackout": As B&H reports, Sony has found a way to retain the 20 fps. Wat to go, Sony!

7) Mechanical Shutter now up to 10 FPS: What can I say? An actual positive change, for those who must shoot mechanical.

I can't go on. I can see some paint peeling.

Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow