A7rII best combo lenses for potraits + environmental portrait

Started Oct 3, 2019 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pablodoncor
Pablodoncor Forum Member • Posts: 67
A7rII best combo lenses for potraits + environmental portrait

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out on this.

I started as portrait photographer a few months ago, currently using my Sonya6000 + Sony 35mm f1.8 and Sigma 16mm f.14 for wider shots.

I have the opportunity to buy a full frame camera and two glasses in the US when my sister traveled next January.

I thought on buying the A7rii as my main full frame camera, but I can't decide on which lenses to get.

Here's my instagram account so you can get a look what pictures I'm taking right now.

https://www.instagram.com/pauldoncor.ph/

Possible combos?

Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar T FE F4 + Sony 85mm F/1.8

Tamron 17-28mm f/2.8 + Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8

Other possibilities?

My budget for the lenses is between USD 1500 and USD 2000

By the way, I'm a very small guy, so weight matters to me. I also tend to shoot wide open due to shallow depth of field that I create for my kind of images.

Since I haven't shot with full frame cameras I don't know if f4 would match what I can currently get with my Sigma 16mm f/1.4 in APSc body.

I don't know either if that f4 would be enough in case of indoor shots, I mean the A7rii ISO capabilities should be better in comparison to my current Sony a6000, right? Plus, it has in body stabilization which I assume would give me 2 stops for my Shutter speed.

As you can see I have some doubts here, and can't try out any gear in my country, so I have to base my decisions on youtube and the generous advice that you can give me here guys.

Thanks in advance and any piece of advice would be much appreciated.

Pablodoncor's gear list:Pablodoncor's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7 III Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow