Cat Pic: Olympus 12-40 on Panasonic G9, Sun and Shadows

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Joseph T Lewis III Veteran Member • Posts: 3,514
Re: Callie Cat 🐱

James Pilcher wrote:

I don’t care what some say, we don’t have enough cat photos in this forum. Thank you for this. 👍🏻

Jim Pilcher
Summit County, Colorado, USA
Don’t trust anyone under 9100 feet

You want more cat pics, James? here ya go!

In a more serious vein: my wife and I are senior citizens in our 70's, who met when we were 60 or so. Callie suddenly and fortuitously appeared in our lives back in February of 2018, right after we had gotten word that my wife's older son had dropped dead of cardiac arrest at only 56 years old. Callie truly did help us get through that difficult time. When we came back from the funeral in Michigan, we stopped by the vet's, picked up the little cat we had gotten from the shelter the week before, and brought her home with us. Instead of sitting around and brooding over Bob's death, we had Callie to fuss over, and establish a relationship with.

Callie is the closest thing to a child of our own we will ever have, and to say that we dote on her, and cater to her every demand, is a major understatement. I had multiple cats during my first marriage, and I can objectively say Callie is the neatest cat I have ever been owned by. Someone in this forum used the term "cat slaves"; I totally understand the meaning of that term now!

Anyway, enough maudlin stuff about our kitty. I was pretty impressed with the way the G9 handled the sun and dark shadows of the photo in my original post. That pic did as much as anything else, to convince me that micro four thirds is more than sufficient for the type of photos I take, or am ever likely to take.

PS.  Thanks to those who responded, and complimented Callie.  She and I both appreciate your kind words!

-- hide signature --

Tom

Joseph T Lewis III's gear list:Joseph T Lewis III's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GGD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow