Calibration for monitor or calibration for both Monitor/printer

Started Sep 30, 2019 | Discussions thread
Petruska Veteran Member • Posts: 8,938
Jpegman, +10.........

I agree with KISS. I set up most of my camera club members for color management. I calibrate their screens with a I1DisplayPRO put on automatic while we drink a beer or two during the 15 minutes or so it takes. I then set them up to use their printer's OEM inks and papers ICC profiles within Lightroom or Photoshop. They then are printing with great monitor to print matches in less than an hour.

I really believe that many people just put too much thinking into getting started with color management. It is super simple. After a few months or so you can then tweak things or generate your own custom ICC printer profiles. I have been using color management for over 20 years printing my wedding prints and I rarely have used soft proofing and I find that the supplied paper ICC profiles are very good compared to my Xrite I1PRO generated custom ICC profiles to the point of where I rarely produce profiles anymore unless there is a color cast in the white wedding dresses which is extremely rare.

Bob P.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow