The AFMA myth.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Distinctly Average Contributing Member • Posts: 601
Re: The AFMA myth.

BirdShooter7 wrote:

I guess I must believe in people’s intelligence more than you then. No worries.

I really wish it was just a matter of intelligence. I know plenty of people,who,are very smart, but not technically minded. I am sure you have also met people like this. One chap I know often phones me up when he has go in a mess with Lightroom and  has no idea about Photoshop even at a basic level. Before retirement he was an account lawyer at  senior level, but technology just seems to be something he struggles with. Even his iPhone he gets his wife to deal with. It is really not uncommon for the older generation who have not grown up with computers and the like to struggle like this. He is an excellent photographer though with a real eye for composition that I envy.

Anothr chap I sometimes assist has learning difficulties after an industrial injury. He really enjoys his photography but again struggles to grasp the more technical aspects.

Photographers who are new to the game often have a really steep learning curve. There is a lot to get to grips with. For some it is the technical stuff that is hard. I find that part easy but really struggle with the creative aspect. I don’t have the imaginative mind that many on the forums possess. I can document what I see, but don’t have that imaginative and creative spark that many on these forums possess.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow