*** PART2: This Week Through Your Eyes 2019.09.21 ***

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
outlierrn Regular Member • Posts: 136
Re: The best camera is the one you have with you

Henry Falkner wrote:

outlierrn wrote:

Henry Falkner wrote:

Looks like you were lucky. You saw him - went back to the car to get the camera - and on return he was still there. Well captured, too. You forgot to close your eyes as you pressed the button.

Henry

Well, I stayed in the car, remembered to turn it off for less vibrations and moved slowly trying not to startle. I must confess, though, I don't understand your last sentence about closing my eyes?

Sorry about the bad joke. A number of prints I have to do for family and friends are off-center, because they don't keep looking at the LCD / viewfinder until after they have taken the shot. Some happy snaps we see in these forums suggest the same.

Your shots are perfect - including the one where the bird flies away. So I guess you kept looking right until you knew you had the shots.

Off topic - I forget technique from one gannet season to another. I wasted much of my recent visit, forgetting to set shutter priority. The following light crop from the camera original might just tolerate a 33x23 inch print, without looking with a magnifier -

Henry

No worries, that's about what I figured.  Nice shot!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow