Nice one Robin Wong.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
CharlesB58 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,293
Re: Nice one Robin Wong.

A couple of points he could have gone deeper into:

When I shoot RAW with the electronic shutter, I don't have nearly the degree of trouble with green color cast he mentions. Noise is a bit more prevalent, but that's the trade off for when I need to use the silent shutter, such as during an acoustic concert where I don't wan to distract the audience or the performer.

He mentions using the hand held starlight mode, which, because it uses the electronic shutter, introduces the green color cast he mentioned earlier. Not as pronounced, but it was still there.

I like how he emphasizes that RAW is going to offer better control than .jpeg. I'm constantly asked for tips on shooting concerts (most often by people using APS_C Canons or Nikons), and when I say the first step is to shoot RAW, some people throw up walls of resistance and start making excuses for why they "can't" shoot RAW.

-- hide signature --

Photography is not about the thing photographed. It is about how that thing looks photographed. Quote by Garry Winogrand
http://ikkensimages.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow