CNET recommended alternative to Airpods

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Martin Ocando
Martin Ocando Veteran Member • Posts: 6,371
CNET recommended alternative to Airpods

David Carnoy from CNET recommended these earbuds. They are the Earfun wireless earpods, highlighting USB-C and wireless charging at a price difference that is hard to beat.

The main feature that really called my attention was that I can use exactly the same desktop wireless charger that I use for my phone, so no extra cables to hang around with. I only would use the cable, which is USB-C, providing super-fast charging, when I've used them earbuds extensively with no charging, and I need to have them fully charged fast. But for day to day, simply putting them on the charger is enough.

They also provide 3 sizes of ear tips, and I find them pretty easy to wear being comfortable for longer listening sessions. I used to wear my over the ear noise-canceling headphones while commuting on the subway, but in Panama's heat and high humidity, I end up sweating a lot and thing get pretty nasty. Not a pretty picture, really. This tiny device solves this problem, and they sound great too. Very rich bass and clean highs.

One minor drawback is that I end up using the music controls directly on the phone, since the buttons on the sides are a bit hard to press, and each time you do it, the ear tips really dig into your ear canal, making it a bit uncomfortable, and having to take them out and reinsert them to continue listening. Which is not practical. I would have preferred a touch control.

Overall great product for the price.

I did a quick unboxing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrTD2R5BuvU&feature=youtu.be

Check them out on Amazon: Earfun Earbuds

-- hide signature --

Martin
"One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it" - Galen Rowell

Martin Ocando's gear list:Martin Ocando's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow