So what is it about "entry level" cameras...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
markgv Regular Member • Posts: 326
Re: So what is it about "entry level" cameras...

I'm with you, Ben.

I am a long-time Pentax user, but I wanted something lighter to use as a backup travel camera. The X-T100 with the XC 15-45mm was a very reasonably priced kit I could afford, but it's far exceeded my expectations or hopes. It has, in fact, become the main camera I use. It is "entry-level," but it's results (for stills, at least, which is my main use) are outstanding. And yes, a viewfinder is important to me, so that's why I went with the X-T rather than X-A. My main complaint with the X-T100 is the funky touchscreen performance. I have gotten fully used to the power zoom of the 15-45. And while this kit of X-T100 and XC 15-45 is entry-level, it certainly feels solid and durable enough.

I still bring my Pentax KP. It does feel and behave much more like a serious camera. I mainly use it with the Pentax 16-85mm lens. That makes for an excellent weather-resistant kit I can use without fear in rainy weather.

markgv's gear list:markgv's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax KP Fujifilm X-T100 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +19 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow