Newbie off camera flash advice

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP FujiFuji New Member • Posts: 14
Re: Newbie off camera flash advice

tugwilson wrote:

FujiFuji wrote:

Quick update -

Thanks for the recommendation on the MS300. I've ordered it today so I'm looking forward to playing about with it. Hopefully I'll be able to get some great photos with some more learning and a bit of experience.

Excellent!

This video should help you get up to speed with the light. It's very straightforward but there are a couple of things in it (like setting the modeling light to dim when the flash fires) that I missed in the manual.

Thank you.  Recently started watching a few of Robert Halls videos - seems like he knows his stuff and produces some very informative videos.

Got all the kit today and managed to set it up.  Quick test using a doll - seems to be working.  Just need to play about with it some more and learn how to use it properly. White balance was way off with auto white balance but setting it to "cloudy day" seemed to fix it.  Got some white balance cards free so might be able to use those to dial it in correctly.

FujiFuji's gear list:FujiFuji's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow