"Macro" kit results - A clearer picture

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SineV Junior Member • Posts: 31
"Macro" kit results - A clearer picture

Hello all!

(Full disclosure, i posted this to both macro and kit buying advice since those are the forums across the web that i see people looking for the same advice I was looking. Hopefully one of them will help people decide)

I recently tried to decide some new kit to buy and from the few people who gave advice across the several sites i tried, it really only left me just as confused as when i started. It is hard to find an answer to what you are really looking for, but it is like asking someone in their mid to late thirties "whats a good video game?". Let me tell you about Adventure for the Atari!!! Too many answers because there are too many answers.

I wanted to try something new so I went with a closer to macro route than I have in over a decade. I made my choice, and made my purchase.

What I want to do here is post the results of that decision. Over the next few days I am going to take a bunch of pictures and post the exact results of that so anyone who is looking for this kind of advice can just decide (in a way that I think would have been helpful to me before I made the purchase) for themselves. No opinion based "nikon sucks, get canon. casio makes calculators, buy roland" etc.

These are strictly the facts and I hope this helps people like me who couldn't find what they were trying to find (answers, advice, clarity, language they could fully understand).

I have the canon ef 100-400 L IS USM lens and I bought the 500D. If anyone out there is considering, has considered, or will consider that pairing or something of similar build, I hope I can help you decide. Less of a forum debate style and more of a Ken Rockwell style. For those interested, stay tuned and I will endeavour to have something up by next week.

Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow