This month with your Nikon 1 - August 2019

Started Aug 1, 2019 | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,680
Re: Butterflies Buddleia

rich_cx139 wrote:

Tord S Eriksson wrote:

rich_cx139 wrote:

Planted Buddleia 7 years ago with the hope of attractive Butterflies and polinators. This is the first year I have noticed any in any numbers.

In the garden when sun came out ( very briefly - as usual ) and 20-30 appeared so managed to get a few shots in before they flew off.

Will try again - if the sun returns any time soon- see if I can reduce shutter and iso and use <f8 to get better DoF. The only shots that worked to any degree were ones ( like these ) where there was enough of the butterfly in the plane of focus.

I suppose I could try getting nearer of course...

Admirals and Painted Ladies! Not bad!

Gave our big buddleia, that have thrived in a big pot on the balcony for a couple of years, to my sister before going on vacation, but it sure is a plant that is fantastic in attracting butterflies!

Sadly its the changing of the season and the butterflies have gone as have most of the Buddleia flowers. It's essentially a weed isn't it ? -grows rampant here both in gardens and any crevice it finds in old masonary.

Last random shots of a Peacock butterfly etc

Even more delightful!

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of 1 Olympus, 1 Ricoh, and a handful of Nikon, cameras.

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow