Firmware 1.4.0 is up

Started Sep 25, 2019 | Discussions thread
RLight Senior Member • Posts: 2,710
Re: EOS R is complete

joenj wrote:

henrikbengtsson wrote:

Now I can order...

BTW, last year when the R was released Canon mentioned that they will quite frequently update the firmware (more than what Canon's typical policy is). It was more or less clear that the software was not quite ready at that time and key features like tracking would receive an update.

Anyway, I am just wondering were it goes from here ...

Technically, the rumor mill also reported improved bar performance and video spec tweaks. Neither has emerged and we're at a year now.

I gather all we're getting is AF updates to the AF module because Canon's already working on it for their upcoming more pro-R. I suspect we may not get another.

Where we go from here is in all likelihood, bug fixes only, which is typical for Canon and feature updates / performance improvements are reserved for the next model IE buyer incentive via both updated hardware, and software.

These two revisions (1.2 and 1.4) are anomalies in Canon's firmware history. They do happen (ala EOS M 2.0.0) but they're the exception, not the rule. Next update is a new model to pay for.

RLight's gear list:RLight's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS R Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow