First pictures of the X-Pro3?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Erik Baumgartner Senior Member • Posts: 1,131
Re: First pictures of the X-Pro3?

Threaded wrote:

DocetLector wrote:

You might or might not have realized that this tiny display is also a info display like on the X-H1 and GFX ?

It displays it in the wrong place though, doesn’t it? The displays on those other cameras are on the top plate, so with one glance down you can see all your dials and all your other settings on the screen, before you pick the camera up or put it to your eye.

On the X-Pro3 you have to look at the back, where the larger screen would have been showing the same info anyway - at which point you’re probably about to put the camera to your eye and see it again in the viewfinder. I can’t see that it actually adds any benefit at all. But it *does* look like a film holder of course. What do you think was the stronger design motivation, to make it look like a film holder, or a genuinely useful info screen?

I’m with you, I think some bad design decisions were made here, especially the d-pad. With the little rear screen though, It’s pretty likely that it will be responsive to swipe gestures to compensate for the missing custom function buttons (it looks like there was some sweeping going on at the press event) - still not likely usable for left eye dominant folks (me), though.

Erik Baumgartner's gear list:Erik Baumgartner's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFo
KFo
KFo
KFo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow