Any comments Ver 1.3 on RP

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Pphotosweden
Pphotosweden Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: Any comments Ver 1.3 on RP

henrikbengtsson wrote:

zonoskar wrote:

Pphotosweden wrote:

Updated it yesterday from Canon Mexico site. I'm really impressed with the improvements. Soo much smother following, eye-detect is like a day and night experience. It's like an completely different camera even if I wasn't disappointed with it with the old firmware.

Tested it with RF 24-105MM and the usually slooow 50mm 1.4. I must say the 50mm difference is huge.

In eye-detect point of view I would say it works better now on my RP than on my Fuji X-T3 that was better before the firmware.

So basically, the only downside to the RP after this upgrade is the 4K implementation (no DPAF and 1.7 crop) and a slightly lower DR to the competition. Right? I'm not filming in 4K ever, so I should be good to go with the RP instead of the R to upgrade my ancient 5Dc.

No top display on the RP. I don't like to guess my settings when holding the camera. On the XT3, at least you have the dials to trust

That's true regarding the lack of top lcd which I was used to on the 5D series. The downside of the dials is that it's useless when it's dark. I'm living up along the Arctic circle with soo much darkness that I usually just set the back screen to show the settings. But sure in an lit up environment the dials are great.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow