hardware foe video editing

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
MummRa Regular Member • Posts: 139
Re: hardware foe video editing

LongTimeNikonUser wrote:

MummRa wrote:

About GPU, don't buy the most expensive one, that is not always the answer. For example, LR have very bad performance with almost all AMD gpus.

MummRa,

I need to upgrade my 2011-vintage GPU to leverage new features in LR 8.x, and on paper, at least for the g

Now I'm decidedly NOT a gamer, but I was seriously considering an AMD GPU, because the gamer crowd really prefers AMD GPUs for a better price-performance than nVidia, I've never seen the statement anywhere else that AMD GPUs don't perform well with LR.

So why are you making this statement? I'm not trolling, I honestly want to learn so I can make a better buying decision.

LongTimeNikonUser

Personal experience and the adobe forum full of complaints about performance with amd gpus. I'm not using gpu acceleration for the last 4 years in LR.

Looks like they got better compatibility with theR9 cards but ill research before buying one.

I have a AMD 7950 oc, didn't had any problem with LR till they updated to classic. Tried at least 35 different driver versions in the last years, all with the same result. I Dont have the need to change gpu, the one that i have still very capable today, was renamed to R9 280 if i'm not wrong.

check this post https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4177164

-- hide signature --

Quien te quita lo bailado.

MummRa's gear list:MummRa's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Nikon D5500 Fujifilm X-E3 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow