Recommendation for a great photo printer ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
David1961
David1961 Regular Member • Posts: 344
Re: More Ink Cartridges Is Better

nnowak wrote:

Yes, I understood your explanation, I was just wondering how much of that larger gamut is actually visible in the final print. Sort of like the debates over dynamic range or noise levels. Just because something scores higher in a laboratory test doesn't mean it necessarily makes a difference in the real world.

I'm not convinced you did understand because I would have thought you would then realise there is no one-size-fits-all answer.

I also said I have had no need/reason to do anymore comparisons since my initial tests. The initial comparison test prints I created are long gone now. I bought the P600 a few years ago.

As I mentioned earlier, the gamut of the P600 is much larger than that of the Workforce 435, so the amount of difference when comparing prints obviously depends on the colours in an image and how many of those colours are in both gamuts.

I don't know how to make the above any clearer.

If you print your images, with or without any colour management, and you are happy with them, I have no problem with that.

I am much happier with my prints now that I have gone through the processes of calibrating/profiling my monitor and building my own custom printer profiles than when I was using an uncalibrated monitor and sending images to my printer with no thought about colour management.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow