Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Jacques Cornell Forum Pro • Posts: 11,591
Re: Corporate Headshots and Raw files

AZBlue wrote:

Jacques Cornell wrote:

AZBlue wrote:

Jacques Cornell wrote:

Ultimately it comes down to what the client wants and how that can be best delivered by the photographer. No sense in spinning your wheels.

We're talking corporate headshots here, not art to which you will be signing your name or making limited edition repros.

Who cares what they do with the files? Let them paint mustaches on the headshots if they want! None of these photos are going to be hung or displayed with your name on a plaque. Once you deliver the shots nobody who sees them will ever know your name or care.

And you know this how? Because you never get work via word of mouth? Well, I do.

If you give your client what they want, enabling them to do their jobs better, faster, and easier, you will have a happy and satisfied repeat client. Nickel-and-dime them over silly things like files and you will have a frustrated client who will not enjoy working with you. When I ran my Seattle marketing/branding studio some years ago, we never charged to burn client files to a CD for them to do with as they pleased. Other area agencies charged upwards of $150 just to burn a CD. My clients told me repeatedly how much they enjoyed working with my agency because we didn't didn't add BS charges to anything.

That's why you give your client what they want. Word of mouth is spread by happy clients, not by clients you've nickel-and-dimed over files and anything else they need.

Read all of my posts in this thread and point to where I'm "nickel-and-diming" my clients. You're attributing to me things others have written.

I wasn't talking about you. Again, why are you trying to make this thread about you?

You're the one who suggested I "nickel-and-dimed" my clients.

My usage of the word "you" was meant in a general "you people out there" way. You are the one who took it to mean you, as in actually you. I don't even know you.

You replied to ME rather than to the OP.

My reply was to you, but I was speaking generally about the topic. I'm sorry you were misinformed.

I'm sorry that you misinformed me.

-- hide signature --

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
http://jacquescornell.photography
http://happening.photos

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Sony a7R II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a7R III Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 +42 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow